Landscape aspect ratio in received TIFFs (was: [no useful subject] - Sorry)

Please note that this was posted to the peer support mailing list,
flexfax@sgi.com, to which you should probably subscribe.

> my problem is that every fax I receive are stored as tiff files in
> landscape mode instead
> of portrait , in others words the X dimension is larger than the Y dimension.
>
> For example the last .tiff faxes i received are :
> 1728x1137,1728x1151,1728x1161,1728x1156 ...

These look correct.  Normal resolution faxes use rectangular pixels.  To
get square pixels you need fine mode.