Re: WHFC

TheBong Pipe wrote:

> >> Has someone managed to link the whfc client to an odbc phone
> database?
> >> Mine reads well , but cannot save anything. It gives a strange error,
> >> something like "Not valid brackets".
> >>

> Well, I have to be more clear. I access the phonebook, where I can read
> the names and their address. No problems about sending faxes by
> selecting the names. Hylafax replies, all goes wonderful. But if I try
> to modify an Entry, or add a new one I get a message (in my language
> wich is differnet from english) stating - Not valid brackets for "John
> Doe" If John Doe is the entry.I think the problem involves the dialog
> between WHFC and the ODBC. If someone can save the names, could he
> please tell me what kind of database does he use? I tried with Excel,
> Access, Dbase, but the errors is always the same...

Hi,

do you use the original Microsoft ODBC Drivers for Access and
Excel ? A lot of people reported problems to me when trying
to connect WHFC to an access database.

We have done here some tests with WHFC and other software
which should use an access database via the MS ODBC Drivers
and run into a lot of problems.

After switching to an other ODBC Driver (SCO SQL retreiver)
all the software works without any problems ...

So acutally i don't know who to blame, Microsoft or my
programming skills.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR