Re: Posting to web

David Woolley wrote:

> > How in the world would I do that? I can convert a fax into a .ps file with
> > gv.BTW, an .aw file is an applix word file. But Again, is there a way to CUT &
> > PASTE?
>
> I don't understand your problem, and don't know what gv is.
>
> As you have already established that you .ps was a valid end format from
> a fax, all you need to do is copy it (man cp!) into a document directory
> on the web server, and all web servers I know will correctly serve it,
> although, unless the client has something like ghostscript installed
> they may not be able to do anything except save to file then print directly
> to a postscript printer.
>
> I don't see where cutting and pasting comes into the picture at all.

[snip]
David, I suspect what he is wanting to do is have the fax images
*embedded* into a page, rather than just link to them; that's why he
wants GIFs.

My question to Alex (is that right?) would be, why not just have links
to the .ps files from the page?  That way, folks aren't having to load a
bunch of images if they don't want them...