Re: patch for hfaxd reverse DNS problem together with WHFC client.

In message <369CADFF.7B15C4C5@netland.nl>, Ron Arts writes:
>--------------72AC40C550FB5090CFB5E87B
>
>Hello,
>
>Attached you'll find a patch for hfaxd. It solves the following problem:
>
> When a client connects to hfaxd, but it's IP address does not resolve
> properly both ways, the hfaxd issues the message:
>
> 130 Warning, no inverse address mapping for client host name blabla
>
> Just before saying:
>
> 220 bla.bla.nl server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl2) ready.
>
> This confuses the WHFC client utterly.
> I patched hylafax to log this error to syslogd instead of
> to the client (why does he need to know anyway?)

UGH, I actually think the client SHOULD be informed that their reverse DNS is broken. Perhaps the correct fix here is to document HylaFAX's behavior on the much-needed client-server protocol technical specification and ask WHFC to be more tolerant of such warnings?

Anyone want to volunteer to document the C/S protocol?

-Darren