Re: RH5.1 on i386, doesn't like latest version

In message <199901051804.SAA22808@hewes.icl.ox.ac.uk>, darren@hylafax.org write
s:
>In message <3691FC21.3CADF527@bvm.com.au>, Ben Donohue writes:
>>hi, what do i do?
>>
>>i have RH 5.1, i386.
>>when i load the rpm -i hylafax-4.rpm the error is...
>>failed dependencies: ghostscript-fonts-std >= 5.02 is needed by
>>hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5
>>so i download the fonts but how do i install them? they look exactly
>>like the fonts already in the system.
>>dont know how to upgrade the fonts.
>
>You need the new ghostscript RPMS, not just the fonts tarball. But even this
>is out of date at the moment. The recommended procedure is to head to
>
>	http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
>
>and grab:
>	ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/ghost/aladdin/gs550/linux/ghostscript-5.50-2.i386
>.rpm

I'm just following up to myself here . . . sorry!

It has been brought to my attention that some of you might have to pay for the
Aladdin distribution if you use it commercially. I'm not a lawyer but this may
be the case upon reading their license.

If you're worried about this, please see the following web site:

	http://www.typhoon.dircon.co.uk/html/ghostscript.html

which should tell you all you need to know in order to fulfill the
dependencies in the current RPM with ghostscript-5.10, distributed with the
GNU General Public License, which allows free use, and free copying and
redistribution under certain conditions (including, in some cases, commercial
distribution). The requirements are also in the RedHat contrib/ archives,
incidentally.

-Darren