Re: 2-D MR data format ...

> I notice some faxes are getting mailed by faxrcvd in 2-D MR format and
> some in 1-D MR format; I'm mailing them as TIFF, not postsrcipt.
>
>  Sender: 704 396 8888
>      Pages: 2
>    Quality: Normal
>       Page: North American Letter
> TimeToRecv: 1:24
> SignalRate: 9600 bit/s
> DataFormat: 2-D MR
> ReceivedOn: cua1
>
> For some reason the program associated with TIF in Windows (wang
> imaging) cannot read the TIFs in 2-D MR data format -- is there any way
> to force hylafax to use the 1-D MR format?

I forgot to mention - I am using a Multitech 2834 which is obviously
capable of 2d encoding - this recently replaced a Sportster 14.4 which
did not so it was never a problem.  I can't find any reference to 1-D or
2-D encoding in config.cua1 or man faxgetty nor the multitech manual and
ony a few vague references on the hylafax web site ... I really need to
turn this feature OFF - non of our image programs can read the resulting
TIFFs!!!

--
Tim Kelley
tpkelley@winkinc.com