Re: Squished faxes

The log file should tell you what is going on. This is almost certainly
a handshaking (flow control) problem. Check the times that the data is
sent - it should be obvious if the data is being sent too fast (no
handshaking). Send a log to the list if you want.

Once that has ascertained you then need to figure out *exactly* what
commands are being sent to the modem and whether any of them involve
flow control. Do you have a manual for your modem which lists the AT
commands it uses (though they are usually pretty standard)?

I'm sorry if we are already going over stuff again, I must have missed
your earlier post.

Damian

Andrew Williams wrote:

> I previously posted some messages about my faxes coming out squished on
> fax machines.
> Thanks to all the guys who answered my queries.
> I still have not fixed the problem, I've tried to change my flow control
> along with all the other suggestions to no avail. nothing seems to work.
>
> I've been browsing the hylafax FAQ trying to find some sort of answer. I
> found something familiar in Q141 of the FAQ, something about using the
> Class2DDISCmd configuration parameter to enable workaround support in
> the fax server(which said it that problem was fixed from ver3.2 of
> flexfax.
>
> My question then is what are valid Class2DDISCmd commands that can be
> used.
> This is the relevant portion of my config file
> Class2DDISCmd:          ""              # disable pre-dial DIS command hack
>
> Please someone help. I'm really tired of dual booting to send a fax.
>
> I'm running:
> RH5.0 2.0.35
> hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5
>
> Thanks in advance

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia     *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344       *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228  *