My hylafax won't send

Dear all,

I've installed hylafax v4.0pl1 on Sun running Solaris 2.6.  Receiving fax
is no problem but I can't fax out.

The phone system is PABX controlled and I need to dial 9 first before
making any call.  In order to isolate the problem, I totally disabled
hylafax and got into the fax modem and issued modem command from there.  I
tried something like 9,14035552255 but still the message keeps telling me
that line is busy.

Later on, I found out from the customer that there is a 2 digit access code
tied to the fax line that they are using.  How can I accomdate that in my
faxout?  Suppose the access code is 81, I tried something like:
9,14035552255,,,81 but the same "line is busy" is detected.  I know that
there is no problem with the hylafax installation since I don't have any
problem faxing out and receiving fax once the whole thing is connected to a
line not under PABX control.

Could someone please suggest what had happened and how to get around the
problem?  How come the original faxing from fax machine works?  I'm totally
lost and please suggest.  I desperately need to get it working.

Any comment and feedback will be very much welcome.  Thank you all for your
attention!

Sandie