Re: Configuration issues for Class 1 modems, and the new security patches

Tim Rice wrote:

> > > Do the older SunOS's not have ksh?
>
> I suspect that if you want the "noclobber" functionality on SunOS
> you are going to have to use a different shell.

Hmmm, let's fire up the old 3/60.....

% man csh
[.....]
                    When set,  the  variable  noclobber  prevents
                    destruction   of  existing  files.   It  also
                    prevents   redirection   to   terminals   and
                    /dev/null, unless one of the ! forms is used.
                    The & forms redirect both standard output and
                    the standard error (diagnostic output) to the
                    file.
[.....]
Sun Release 4.1    Last change: 2 October 1989                  7

This actual release of SunOS is 4.1.1_U1, but I think that noclobber in csh may
be as old as 3.5 -- sorry I've given away the 3.5 manuals now :-(

Mike