Re: Parse error in "dailrules"

In message <01BE096E.903CF880@BROUX-01>, BROUX writes:
>Hi, I'm using Hylafax 4.02 on a Linux Redhat machine.

Could you be a bit more specific please? 4.02 means very little . . . what is
the exact name of the RPM you installed?

>I installed the software without problem (a RPM distribution). I've got the se
>rver running and am able to send faxes to the server from clients (using WHFC
>on WIN95 machine). But making the modem connection seems to be the problem. Wh
>et i use Faxstat i get the message that the "server is running" and "waiting f
>or the modem to become ready" and after a while the modem becomes "wedged".

You need to use faxaddmodem to choose/create an appropriate config file for
your modem.

>When i look in my syslog file i get the message that there is a parse error
>in t he dailrules file. More specific there is a problem when setting the
>identifie rs. I get the message that the program expect a "=" or an ":=" after
>the "A".  This is in the line "Area=${Areacode}".

Have you edited this file? Seems very sloppy for an RPM.

You should tell us more about your modem as well - it's highly relevant. If you are as desperate as you say you are, give us something to chew on please, so that we may help you.

-DPN