Re: whfc suggestions

Darrell Berry wrote:

> Wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on mods/changes...i think its
> excellent, and (so far!) very reliable on NT4/SP3 (especially the ODBC
> stuff, which is very clever), but there are a few things that (i think)
> could be even better:
>
> * (cosmetic) whfc takes up a lot of screen space...could it lose the
> 'toolbar' or could tgat become optional, and could the main pane use a
> smaller font?

Hi,

our users here likes this screen font, which is the system font
of windows. Probably change your windows settings to small fonts.

> * (cosmetic) is it possible to have width sliders for each of the fields
> in the main pane (like Netscape has in its mail system), so that say
> users could stretch the status field to see the whole message, or
> stretch the name field to show a long username, without having to take
> up the whole screen width with whfc

I get this output directly from HylaFAX. I have to parse this string
in conjunction with the dial string parameters.
> * (possible bug) on the client, AND on faxstat, usernames sending faxes
> from whfc seem to have their names truncated to 6 characters?

See the dial string parameter for faxstat on HylaFAX. WHFC
accepts this string in the system preferences. So you can
customize your output of the queues.

> * (cosmetic) could the 'Blocked due to concurrent jobs' message be
> changed to 'Queued' (more in line with other fax systems...'blocked'
> sounds like an error status to users (or is it getting this straight
> from the server?))

This messages came directly from the server.

> ...don't get me wrong--its free software and its brilliant...these are
> just small changes that i think would make it even better!
>
> anyone else have any comments/thoughts on these issues?
>
> --
> "a gust of wind...a dog barks..."

Uli
--