Re: Problem compiling hylafax-v4.0pl1 with tiff-v3.4beta035 on Solaris 251

The problem is to do with run-time linking. By default, I believe the
Solaris systems do not look in /usr/local/lib for run-time libraries.
There are two solutions: modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
to include /usr/local/lib, or modify the config.site (or config.local)
file to read
   LIBTIFF=-R/usr/local/lib -ltiff
(i.e. change -L to -R). That will resolve the linking issues. I would
recommend the latter. Generally speaking, you should never have to change
the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Also, any posters to the list recommend upgrading to pl2.

Hope this helps,
Amitha.
--
Amitha Perera                     tel: +1-518-276-2806
Computer Science Department