Re: modem initialization

William A. Villanueva wrote:
> When I issue the command faxstat, I get the:  Waiting for modem to come
> ready

I had this problem as well,
there had been to problems to be solved:
1) IRQ and adress of the serial port must be known to the unix kernel
   (I had to rebuild the linux kernel to be able to use cua3).
   - this is no problem for you if you can communicate with your modem
     via other programs (eg. minicom)
2) the /var/spool/fax/etc/config.modem file holds all the settings for
   your modem - go playing with the settings. Examples for different
   modems can be found in /var/spool/fax/config/
   After some modifications my modem did initialize and the faxstat
   changes to something like 'running and idle'.

Regards, Steffen