Re: Setting sender's user id when running faxmail

[ re wrapped ]
> When sendmail (8.9.1) runs mailfax (or faxmail), the process is owned
> by root as sendmail runs as root (or daemon).

Are you sure.  When sendmail 8.8.8 runs uux, it runs it as the actual
user, if the envelope address resolves to a user mailbox on the sendmail
machine, and daemon if it can't resolve the address.  Unless some option
is set to avoid this, or the facility has disappeared in 8.9.1, I would
expect the same for hylafax.