Re: HylaFAX RPM

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Nico Garcia wrote:

> What? The distribution 3.33 in RedHat 5.0 worked great, and the
> contributed gs-5.10 RPM's and fonts in the published RedHat ftp site
> were inconsistent with each other and could not be installed. It caused
> real grief. Please don't insist that people do unnecessary upgrades
> of their software, since we don't have control over the quality of
> the published contributed versions.

Well, the gs 3.3 package included with rh 5.0 works for hylafax when using
sendfax, but it didn't work for me with whfc. I also had no problem
installing the contributed gs 5.10 packages...It only involved installing
the ghostscript and fonts packages at the same time.

rpm -i ghostscript-5.10-1.i386.rpm ghostscript-fonts-5.10-1.i386.rpm

worked fine for me.

*       Trevor Astrope         *        TABB Web Services        *
*     astrope@tabbweb.com      *       http://www.tabbweb.com    *
***              Visit my Tragically Hip web site              ***
***               The Hundredth Meridian                       ***
****              http://www.tabbweb.com/thehip/              ****