Re: HylaFAX and RPM's

  NG> I'm *WORKING* on it, Matthias. (Grin!) Sam's shell scripting in the
  NG> configure was very sophisticated and robust. I have to be very cautious
  NG> tweaking it or I tend to break it, or violate the protocols he used
  NG> to do things. It takes tweaking etc/hylafax.in, etc/Makefile.in, and
  NG> configure to use a new field for "init.d" scripts.  And different OS's
  NG> have different ideas of how to do this: I've only got Linux and SunOS to
  NG> play with right now.

I'm occasionally tempted to abandon HylaFAX's perfectly working init script in
favour of something more redhat-ish. But if it ain't broke . . . ;-) Tell you
what Nico, I'll have an RPM for you to test tomorrow and you can tell me what
you think of the stock hylafax generated by configure, minus the -o and
perhaps the -s of course.

  +> I think most of the problems in the RPM's are the result of putting things
  +> together in a wrong way or w/o knowledge how the things are designed to be
  +> (remember the discussion about creating modem-config files by hand and not
  +> run the faxsetup(1M) tool).

  NG> I agree again. Boy, you must be smart, because I agree with you so often!

Though I may argue, you can't fault me on HylaFAX experience . . . not sure if there's a platform I _haven't_ installed it on . . . bsdi perhaps. Of course I may still not know how it's _supposed_ to be done *worship*  8-)

-Darren