Multipage Problem with Noname 14400 Modem

I use Hylafax 4.0p11 on a SuSE Linux Distribution with Kernel 2.0.30 with a
Noname Modem that reports the following information on sending the ATI6
command:

V1.02 DEC-06-95

DM1414Z/3/UM92144EF/PCB:490-31422-xx

BZT POSTZULASSUNG-FIRMWARE VERSION: V1.05

I tried using the rc144ac configfile and occured the following problem: When
receiving multipage faxes my tiffsplit program provides the following error
when trying to split the fax into its pages:

Warning: incorrect count field for "StripOffsets" (5, expecting 4); tag
ignored

The first page of a fax is always OK. The succeeding pages always seem to be
damaged. I also tried uncompressing them with Microsoft Imaging with the
same result.

The fax machine that sends the fax says everything went ok...

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem ?

Sincerly,

Stefan Zier