Re: Missing ':' separator ...

Wolfgang Mettbach wrote:

    As a wellknown sailor would say now: "Blow me down!"

    That was the trick! I don't know how, but it finally works. :-)

    The strange thing is that the file /var/spool/fax/etc/config looks like
    this now:

    LogFacility:            daemon
    CountryCode:            49
    AreaCode:               5251
    LongDistancePrefix:     0
    InternationalPrefix:    00
    DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
    ServerTracing:          1
    # ModemClass:		1

"1" is no a desired value for ModemClass: (check the man page
for more details);

    As you can see, there is (and there was before) a ":" exactly where it
    should be. But after I commented out this line everything works.

    Thanks a lot for your help!

    Another question:

    When the server sends a fax I get the following message:

       May  6 15:06:00 gateway FaxGetty[198]: ANSWER: Can not lock modem device

    Nevertheless the faxes are send correctly. Is this an error I need to
    worry about or can I safely ignore this message? What do I have to do to
    get rid of this message?

Ignore the message. It just says that faxgetty(1M) saw the modem
handshake with faxsend(1M) for the outbound job and desided that
"it's not for me" what the modem says because some other proc owns the
lock. This is the way things should work.

	matthias