FIFO problems

hia

I have hylafax-v4.0pl1 on a standard redhat 5 machine, I compiled it
myself (i dont know if there are any redhat-5 specific compile issues, i
havnt been on this list for long) but here is what happens:

/usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i 4559 -o 4557 -s 444

( no problem here )

/usr/local/sbin/faxmodem cua1

FIFO: open: Device not configured

ok, now I looked at the code, this is where it seems to fail:

    fifo = open(FAX_FIFO, O_WRONLY|O_NDELAY);
    if (fifo < 0)
        fatal("%s: open: %s", FAX_FIFO, strerror(errno));

thats from line 253 of utils/faxmodem.c

can anyone give me some hints on this?

thank you.

----
R.I. Pienaar  rip@nephilim.ml.org    http://www.nephilim.ml.org
Raven on irc                         http://www.nephilim.ml.org/pgpkey

        "/earth is 98% full ... please delete anyone you can."