Re: TIFF to JPEG

> Does anyone knows of the on-line utility to convert TIFF to JPEG or GIF format ?

I assume we are talking about fax images, in which case JPEG is a not a
sensible format++.  GIF is better but not as compact as fax.

This question was covered about a month ago on the list.  I don't have
the TIFF tools on my home machine, but something like tifftopnm ought
to exist, in which case the next step is easy.

I also suspect that this question is really "how can I produce a web gateway
for viewing received faxes which doesn't require any helper applications
on the client side?"  If helper applications are allowed, see the recent
discussions about TIFF G3 viewers for NT and '95.

> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:33:53 -0100
                                  ^^^^^
I don't think that Serbia is really in the eastern Atlantic!

++ JPEG is a very good format for photographs of natural scenes, but a very
bad one for line art.