Re: uucp=fax?

hyde wrote:

    Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:

    > Is "abc!@#." the pw in clear form or in encrytpted form?
    > You have to set it in encrytpted form in HylaFAX's hosts(4F) file
                                               ^^^^^^^^^

please note about which hosts(4F) file I was talking;

    > and issue it in clear text in the ADMIN command. The encrypted
    > form may be stolen from the passwd(4F) or shadow(4F) file,
    > depends on the UNIX you are using.

    of course, "abc!@#."  is my clear password,U know,

     'I telnet with "abc!@#." ' means that "abc!@#" is my clear password,
    And I copy the encrypted password of hyde of /etc/passwd to /etc/host as
    well.

    "hyde:08Y9i.MEmx7yc:501:502::/home/hyde:/bin/bash " is in /etc/passwd
    while /etc/hosts contains
    "127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.localdomain
     172.18.86.40            mailpage
     hyde:::08Y9i.MEmx7yc             "

      That's really true.
      Tell me why.

I was never ever talking about "/etc/hosts" and also the man page
of HylaFAX's hosts(4F) file says: "...file etc/hosts in the HylaFAX
spooling area...." The full name of this file is (depends on your
installation) "/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts" or something like that.

In other words: you edited the wrong file.

	matthias