Re: sendfax works - faxmail and other frontends don't !!!

Michael Agbaglo wrote:

[please direct your questions to the mailing-list; you will
 get more help from other folks than from me directly; trust me]

    Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:

    > Hmm. Please stop the scheduler faxq(1M), send down a new
    > job and check the PostScript file in the docq/ queue (copy it
    > also to /tmp for later checks), restart the faxq(1M)
    > and check what the now created TIFF/F file looks like.

    Test unter Debian:
    SuSEFax.callSendfax: SuSEFax.PROTOException: Faild to submit job 6:
    Unable to open scheduler FIFO: No such device or address.

    Fehlermeldung unter RedHat identisch.

The message says that the hfaxd(1M) can't tell the scheduler
anything about the new job (because we stopped the scheduler faxq(1M)
for this test); just ignore this message for the moment; the
job is in the queue and you should inspect its PostScript
file(s). If you later restart the scheduler you can push the
job with faxalter(1) and check the resulting TIFF/F file(s) too.

If sendfax(1) works while other clients don't there is perhaps a
problem in the PostScript file.

	matthias