Hylafax v4.0 problems: Undefined symbols LOG_PERROR...

I am compiling the hylafax v4.0 pl1 and pl2 on my solaris 2.4 x86
machine, which is running the solaris 2.4 on PC. The compilers are of
Sun's /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc and CC respectively. I met the following
problems,

1. In the header file port.h
re-typedef  uid_t, gid_t, ...dev_t (these symbols are defined already in
sys/types.h).
no definition of type DIR, which is defined in dirent.h
This can be fixed by #include <dirent.h> and comment other extra typedef

2. In the port/syslog.c, three symbols undefined:
a. LOG_PERROR: int variable or macro;
b. LOG_PRI: function or macro;
c. index: function; line 62: char* index( const char*, int);
no else file defined them, I even used find and grep to search for them.
They only appears in the port/syslog.c without declaration.

3. type conflit in util/Socket.h
line 67 and line 69:
...(const struct sockaddr*) addr,...
the const should be left out, before the CC compiler can pass it.
The error message is like seems no way to cast a struct sockaddr to a
const struct sockaddr... ( This may be no problem for g++. just my
guess)

If anybody have idea about the above problem, especially for the 2nd
problme of syslog.c, please drop me a message. Thanks very much,

Fan

Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\vcard7.vcf"