hylafax sendfax disconnecting after negotiation

Eric, I'm having a problem with HylaFax 4.0.. I'm using the Redhat RPM
hylafax-4.0-6.i386.rpm version.  I saw your note about 'sendfax' problems
related to lib bugs..  Which problem were you referring to?  My problem
is that sendfax will dial out to deliver a fax.  After the remote fax
machine picks up and negotiates the carrier signal, my modem will hang up
and exit with a "SEND FAILED: Unspecified Transmit Phase B error".

It's been doing this for months, and it never works anymore.  It used to
work flawlessly.

I stupidly changed too many variables at once (when it stopped working).
I had sent in my USR Sporster modem in to get fixed.  USR replaced it
with a new one.  While that was in the mail, I had upgraded HylaFAX versions.
And never again has it worked to send faxes.  Receiving faxes and incoming
data calls works perfectly though.

I've tried two USR Sporsters, so I don't think it's actually the modem.
The modems can send faxes when attached to a Win95 machine.

Can anyone help me?  Give me some hints to help me progress this problem.

Thanks,

  -Josh

--
Josh Hildebrand          Email: josh@digitalsluice.com