Re: Win95 broadcast fax, # of active modems

[snip]

> > Hi,
> > I have flexfax working on a Pentium FreeBSD 2.2.2R box for
> > a local Chamber of Commerce.  Faxes can be successfully
> > sent from their Win95 boxes using WHFC.  This is great
> > but we cannot replace Winfax yet and would like to make
> > some improvements.  Over 500 members receive a fax one or
> > more times a week.

[snip]

> Currently i think about supporting DDE for macro programming or
> implementing a command line version of WHFC, which should also help
> on such problems.

YEAH!!!.  I have gone as far as getting the source & starting to pour
through it to figure out how to make whfc work with command line args.

I come from the *nix world, and even setting my Windoze boxen up  at
times is a tax for me.

I even said "why do we need whfc", shouldn't the *nix "sendfax" command
JUST COMPILE???  Well, silly me of course...

Here's a vote to have a command line whfc similar to sendfax.

Thanks for the effort put into whfc.   I can't seem to get the new
version with the printer monitor working, but I only had one attempt
at it.  I need to sit down & re-do it, taking my time to make sure I
don't miss any steps...., but the old one serves my minimal ( currently )
purposes.

Thanks again,

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indespensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )