Re: HFAXD access control

Brian Nunes wrote:

    running BSDi -

    When i want to establish admin access when connected to HFAXD via
    telnet, i cannot for i do not know the password. How do i find it and/or
    change it.

    I am aware of the "hosts" file in /etc but i guess my question would be
    what is the proper syntax to setup that account and if that file is
    actually used to control accounts for hfaxd?

    - If you reply to tell me to read the MAN pages or some other remarks,
    please dont bother... i have, maybe i am just missing something.

Read the man page of HylaFAX's hosts(4F) file twice and
carefully; it tells *exactly* where this file is located and
what the syntax for admin accounts is.

NAME
       hosts - HylaFAX client access control list

DESCRIPTION
       [The contents of	this file is likely to grow and/or change
       before the first	public beta distribution.]

       The ASCII file etc/hosts	 in  the  HylaFAX  spooling  area

	matthias