Re: Q: access control problem

Andreas Eulitz wrote:

    HylaFAX version:    v4.0 pl 0
    running on host:    Linux PC (v1.2.13 Kernel, CND distr.)
    compiled with:              gcc 2.7.0
    modem:                      Creatix LC144
    client PC's via:    WinFlex v0.4 beta

    I'm running HylaFAX on the configuration stated above. It's a beautifully
    crafted software (honestly), thanks to uncle Sam :-). I got the following
    (probably WinFlex related) problem:

    Q: How can I restrict client access via WinFlex to the users named in
      <spooling_area>/etc/hosts? Access is possible though neither the
      user nor the client PC is in <spooling_area>/etc/hosts.

      (guess: WinFlex uses the old version 3 hfaxd protocol, does it
       allow access without a proper login procedure?)

The old protocol in hfaxd(1M) has also some checkUser support
but only for some of the operations (for details check the source
in hfaxd/OldProtocol.c++ OldProtocolServer::cmds[]); you can only
contact the server and ask for the status without checkUser;