Setting margins with textfmt

Greetings all,

I find that whenever I try to specify the margins using
textfmt on an ASCII file, the resulting postscript file
has the text flush with the left side of the page; i.e.,
the left margin is forced to 0.  When I leave the -M option
blank, the image defaults to 0.25 inches.  This is using Red Hat
Linux release 4.1, kernel 2.0.27.  How can I successfully
set the margins to non-default values?

Thanks,

Kevin Tyle <kevin@meso.com>
MESO, Inc.