Re: Adaptive answer using PPP as getty under Linux

David Woolley wrote:

    >     PPPD reports :
    >
    >     Dec 20 10:14:11 Server pppd[15792]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
    >     Dec 20 10:14:11 Server pppd[15792]: Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean:

    The most common cause for this is that you are not talking to a remote
    ppp, but to a modem or conventional login process; I don't think you will
    get it if there is no input at all, or output is blocked.  Occasionally it
    really is because of the lack of an eight bit clean path.

This would match my idea that the modem wants to say "CONNECT"
after the "DATA" message and the launched pppd gets this message
and no LCP data. Try using ModemWaitForConnect: yes.

	matthias