Jobs being requeued

Hi All,

I am using

 Pentium 100
    Linux
    Sendmail 8.8.6
    Hylafax 4.0pl1

When I send a fax with sendfax to a nonexistent (wrong) number, hylafax
tries to send the fax MaxDials times and then vanishes. That's the way it's
supposed to be.
Unfortenately the job reappears in the sendq with a new free jobnumber and
tries again for MaxDials times to reach the wrong number. After that it
vanishes again
and reappears some time later with a new jobnumber and so on.

My intention was to use Hylafax as a faxgateway, but with the risk of
creating infinite jobs in this way that would be useless.

Has anybody ever heard of this effect? Can somebody help me in any way?

Thanks

Dirk Höveler

In a hundred years we'll all be dead
and the stars will go on shining.