rtscts on SGI Indy

(This is related to a previous  message "Corrupt fax receives OR corrupt
fax transmissions on a Zyxel 2864)

I have been able to delve a little deeper into my problem with corrput
transmissions and receptions.

When I set the ModemFlowControl to rtscts and the speed setting to 38400
baud then the pages are corrupted at the other end. (As somebody very
kindly pointed out this seemed to be due to handshaking problems).

If I set the baudrate to 9600 this problem does NOT occur!

Changing the config file to use xon/xoff then things seem to go well.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with my hardware. I have checked
the cable I am using against the documentation that came with the Indy and
that seems ok.

Has anyone else had any problems with handshaking on the SGI Indy?

All tips/info received with gratitude!

Hans Christiansen

hans@ljungbergs.se

Ljungbergs Tryckeri AB                Tel. +46 435 120 40
Box 100                               Fax. +46 435 71 17 26
S-264 22 Klippan                      Mob. +46 70 518 26 49
Sweden