Re: Passwd problem

At 10:47 15/12/1997 -0600, Yansheng Wei wrote:

>I am having an old passwd problem with hylafaxv4.0p1. I was able to
configure,
>compile and install hylafax on my Sparc workstation running Solaris2.5 with
>NIS+. I didn't touch the spool/etc/hosts file, so it should work for anybody
>on the local machine without passwd.
>[snip]

Worth checking is the file permissions and owners for the hosts file. The
man page says it should have 600 permissions and the owner and group should
be 'fax' ( or 'uucp' where they have the same id ). Anything else and the
software will not use it.

If you need explanation of the hosts' man page, see the mailing list thread
'Re: flexfax: Configuring access with hosts file' and my reply of 2 Dec 97.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.