Re: Problem with Multitech MT 2834 BL

> >> I do have a Multitech 2834BL and am not able to send faxes.
> >>
> >> The error log is attached, and if someone had such a experience
> >> and solved it, i would like know about.
> >>
> >> Dec 17 08:23:10 fuchs FaxQueuer[19114]: No regular expression for modem
> >> class
> >
> > Check out ModemClass in config(4), because it should look something like:
> >
> > ModemClass:           "any: tty[567]"
> >
> > IF you even need to use it at all.  Normally it's not needed.
>
> So are you saying he should ignore it?

The line cannot be ignored, it must be removed before he will be able to
send any faxes.  Well, I am not 100 % positive about that, but I know
it is a problem.  I spent hours one night debugging code to figure out
how it worked.  In PL1, make sure there are ""'s around it, or it
really barks.

I believe a "default" instalation does not have the line
in the config file.  Most people see the question come up when they run
faxaddmodem ( or faxsetup..., can't remember ), and the see "Class", so
they enter 1 or 2 or 2.0, thinking it is the Class of fax.  It is not.
It defines the "set" of modems that will be used for a destination.
The default destination is the "any" group.  Other groups can be specified,
and accessed via the -h ( I think, I am at home now ) command line
paramater to sendfax.

I didn't look at the log file any further, as I always start with the
simple things first, get rid of the one error & see if it resolves the
problem.  If not, then move onto the next stage.

> > This probably isn't the problem, but it will prevent you from sending any
> > faxes.
>
> So he also has another problem?  Sounds like we'll need to add more to this
> before it goes into an FAQ.  What were the resolutions in the past?
>
> Also, please don't include the entire debug messages in your response next
> time.

OOPS, I thought I trim'd the file.  Sorry bout that.  I usually do, it's
just getting up at 6:00 am doesn't do me any good.

Have a good day,
--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indespensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )