Re: Unspecified Transmit Phase B error

At 13:40 10/12/1997 +0200, Administrator wrote:
>My configuration is: Hylafax 4.0p11, gcc v2.7, Linux, US Robotics
>Sportster voice 33.6 Faxmodem, Ghostscript 2.6.2 (with tiffg3 driver
>installed).
>
>I installed Hylafax software, got hfaxd and faxq running. Problem is
>when I try to send a fax with send fax. Modem calls then number, begins
>to open then connection and then disconnect the line. I got the message
>in the xferlog file: UNSPECIFIED TRANSMIT PHASE B ERROR.

Many people have had problems with the USR Sportster 33.6 modem. Best
bet is to change it; but some have tried adding the following line to
their modem config file (eg /var/spool/fax/etc/config.cua1 file) :-

Class2NRCmd:		AT+FNR=1,1,1,0      #setup status reporting command

Will you let us know if you are one of the lucky ones?

Aaah, just another thought. You could try switching to Class 1.

Good luck,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.