Re: Email - Fax

David Woolley wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me hwere to set the number of rings Hylafax should wait
    > for before quitting?  I can't seem to find it in any documentation.

    You are looking in the right documentation, are you?  The answer to this
    sort of question is in the documentation for the modem.  All you need
    to find out from the fax package is how to insert modem commands after the
    destination number.  (At a guess, you need to insert a few commas after
    the last digit, so that the modem doesn't start looking for answer tone
    until the remote end is ready.  On the other hand, ringing is normal,
    so the problem may be something like the sending modem is configured not
    to generate calling tone and the receiving one only goes into fax mode when
    it detects it.)

Check the manual config(4F) of HylaFAX for ModemWaitTimeCmd:
(defaults to ATS7=60, try upping it to ATS7=120);

    > Also.. On some fax machines, Hylafax isn't receiving a responce that the
    > fax is received.  In other words, if we send out a fax, the receiving fax
    > machine gets it, then Hylafax resends it about 5 or 6 times not thinking
    > that it made it.

HylaFAX's faxsend(1M) process is receiving a responce from
the remote device (perhaps a negative responce for the page).
But this only a wild guess because you aren't showing a
session trace);

	matthias

    If the modem is class 2, this is again a modem problem.  If it isn't class
    2, have regard to the reservations about the use of class 1 modems.