Re: BUG: ModemMinSpeed config parameter does nothing

Bruce M. Hahne wrote:

    This bug is confirmed under 4.0pl0 and probably exists in all more recent
    releases as well.

    Context: Hylafax 4.0pl0 with class 2 modems.  OS should be irrelevant.
    Probably occurs for class 2.0 modems also.

    Bug: ModemMinSpeed parameter documented in Config(4f) man page does
    nothing due to incorrect IF test.

    There are two ways to specify a minimum baud rate to Hylafax: in the per-tty
    config files and using the -b SPEED command-line switch to sendfax(1).  The
    latter works; the former does nothing.

    The reason for the bug appears to be this line in Class2Send.c++, which
    issues the actual minspeed command to the modem if required:

    if(req.minsp != BR_2400 && !class2Cmd(minspCmd,req.minsp))

    The parameter tested is req.minsp, part of a FaxRequest which is generated
    by the original sendfax command issued on the command line.  Although there
    is a separate FaxModem::minsp parameter which is correctly set to be the max
    of the command-line value and the tty's config file value, that isn't what
    gets tested or used above.  So the config file line is ignored when
    determining whether or not to order the modem to set a minimum speed.

    I haven't worked out a fix yet, though it's probably as simple as changing
    "req.minsp" to "minsp" in the IF test above.

    Adding the -b SPEED command to my sendfax calls correctly caused Hylafax to
    issue an AT+FMINSP command to the modem prior to sending the fax.

    Bruce Hahne                                  TEL: 1-408-248-2275
    Access Internet Solutions Inc.               FAX: 1-408-248-2290
    Worldwide Internet fax services              Web: www.aisol.net
    Santa Clara, CA                              Email: hahne@aisol.net

Thanks for the bug report -- I'll look into that;

	matthias