Re: 550: /tmp/doc5.ps: Not Owner

Hello Tim, Everybody,

Tim Rice wrote:

>I don't run HP-UX, but I tracked down the same problem on SCO OS5
>and we fixed it in pl1.

>Check your port.h for CONFIG_MAXGID. If it is set to 60002, find
>out what went wrong with configure.
>THe relevent lines are.

>    # Select the maximum fax UID.  This value is stored
>    # in the GID of files so must be constrained by any
>    # system limitations.  The maximum value is used for
>   # anonymous logins.  The default value of 60002 comes
>    # from NFS/nobody usage on various systems.
>    #
>    test "$CONFIG_MAXGID" || {
>       case $TARGET in
>       *-sco*)         CONFIG_MAXGID=60000;;
>       *-hpux*)        CONFIG_MAXGID=60000;;
>       *)              CONFIG_MAXGID=60002;;   # default
>       esac
>    }

Thanks for your suggestion. I did check and it seems that HP-UX should be
OK
with MAXGID of 60000. I aslo checked config.log and couldn't find anything
on
GID, nor chown nor chgrp nor chmod.

Also my fax user has UID:GID 3:5 exactly the same as uucp user.
At this time I'm gettig pretty desperate ;-(
So if anybody else would have any other idea, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Aleksandar Simic (asimic@4compsys.com, asimic@compuserve.com)