Re: Need help on Linux

What I know about the subject is that ttySx are the input devices and
cuax are the output devices, hence for years people have adopted the
trick of using cuax when doing input output, like in hylafax. I've
seen ttySx used mostly when you are going to leave a listening
program connected to the port only, like in uugetty.

I've also seen an email in this list where they mention that the
split input output tirck stinks and that the MIT guys are going to
discontinue it in the next release of LInux.

I've been using cuax for some time with no problem, but....

I hope this helps,

Julio