Re: Need help on Linux

>   Historically, Linux used cuaX devices for dial out and ttySx devices
>   for dial in.
>
>   The kernel code that required this was changed in kernel version 2.0.x
>   and you should now use ttySx for both dial in and dial out. I
>   understand that the cuaX device names may well disappear in future
>   kernel versions.

But you can't count on all the serial-board vendors doing the same thing.
Some contunue to have different operation for cu* and tty*.

 Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software Ltd, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
Supporting PC-based Unix since 1985 / Caldera & SCO authorized / www.telly.org
----------------- HURD is to Linux as Plan 9 is to System V ------------------