Re: Hylafax - fax user defined in passwd

> "/etc/master.passwd has duplicate user id's.
> fax 6	uucp 6"

What operating system are you using.  From other reports, rejecting
aliased user ids seems to be a "feature" recently introduced into
BSDI 386.

My advice would be to turn off the daily check program, and reset the
fax user id to be the same as uucp, but you should also read the archives
of the list (I assume they exist) as variations on this theme have been
common for the last couple of weeks.