Re: What device name for com1 on dec alpha

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Ancil Bethelmy wrote:

> Thanks. This is a major help.
>
> I just got of the phone with Dec support and they indicated that I need to
> run uucpsetup to get the modem devices configured. He also indicated that I
> needed to use /dev/ttyd0 as the modem device. Do you know anything about
> that?

That's unusual. I've got HylaFAX running at one of our client sites,
and I don't recall having to run uucpsetup to configure anything at
all. /dev/tty00 works fine.

What sort of problems are your having? Give version numbers of
everything you're running (to the list - note Cc:).

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>                 Once is dumb luck.
                                                 Twice is coincidence.