RE: How best use multiple modems?

I am running 7 Multitech 2834ZDX MultiModems on a Cyclades 8Y0 multi-port
serial card.  The computer is a P-200 with 128 Megs RAM and 5gig HD.

This computer is overkill, but I wanted it that way :)  Unless we are running
heavily loaded on the fax side (greater than 3,000 faxes waiting in the sendq),
our average load is .15-.2.  I run about 2000 faxes a day in outgoing only.

The OS is FreeBSD 2.2.1.

Since P-200 are reasonably cheap, I'd use one or higher.  32 Megs RAM should be
fine; 64 Megs better.  Especially if you make your swap big.  Otherwise it
depends on what all you are going to do with it.  Web server?  Router?

I am very impressed with te Mulitechs, although there was some discussion about
2 weeks ago.  You can check the archives for the deatils.

Patrick Gardella