Re: PATCH: hfaxd 4.0pl1 fixes for WHFC "syntax error" bug

Alan Sparks wrote:

> Been testing this fix out for a few days, and it seems to work well.  So
> here it is.
>
> This patch to hfaxd fixes the occurrence of the "500 '': Syntax error,
> expecting command token." error we've been fighting, using Hylafax 4.0pl1
> and WHFC 0.x.  This patch is applied by going to your hfaxd directory, and
> feeding the following (after "CUT HERE") to the "patch" utility.
>
> After watching the incoming stream from UNIX and NT clients, the problem
> seems to localize in the getCmdLine() function of Parser.c++.  While the
> command stream from UNIX clients appears continuous and unbroken, the
> Windows client stream is sporadic and broken (odd Gates-ian flow control?).
> Is broken flow triggers execution of the lines:

Hi,

is this really a bug of windows ? or is this a bug of HylaFAX.
As i remember it's valid that not all data is sent at once.
Here is an excerpt of the man page of the recv call :

       The receive calls normally return any data avail­
       able, up to the requested amount, rather than waiting  for
       receipt  of  the  full  amount requested;

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt		                   mailto:uli@transcom.de
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli