Re: the tiff3g files seem to be compress in ~~/fax/recvq

> I check it few times with various tiffg3 viewers, but it seems that
> Hylafax saves the incoming fax under recvq directory with some
> compression (about 50% in the vertical dimension).

I think your problem is that the viewers are only suitable for fine
mode faxes.  Hylafax almost certainly stores the actual raw fax data
to form the g3 format image, just adding TIFF flags.  I would expect
one of the tags will tell a proper TIFF viewer that it has rectangular
pixels. I can't check easily at the moment, but run a TIFF diagnostic
utility on the file, and I suspect this will show up.

> But I want that users would be able to view the fax in tiff3g format.
> Does it possible to make Hylafax to save the incoming faxes in
> "uncompressed" format? config.tty? elsewhere?

It would have to uncompress to raw bit map then recompress, if any 2D
features were in use.