Squished faxes

I'm using hylafax 3.0pl1, Linux 2.0.30 , gcc 2.7.2.3. Modem: Topline
1433, chipset AT&T RCV288DPFSP Rev 44BC, firmware V2.000-V34_ACF_DP1. -
Class 1 fax modem.

I'm having trouble with sending and receiving faxes. They're squished
into less than a 1/4 of the top of the page and are unreadable. The
output from ps2fax, fax2ps and tiff2ps are all fine.

I saw a similar problem in the hylafaq - due to hardware problems with a
class2 modem. Is it the same story for some class 1 modems? And is there
a fix? Efax was able to send and receive faxes without problem - but I'd
prefer to be able to use hylafax.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

I'd be grateful if anybody replying would CC me a copy. (Unless sending
to this mailling list automatically subscribes you)
--
Paul Jakma
snip .no.spam from email address to reply.

01 5 * * * root find / -name windows -exec rm -rf {} \;