Re: /dev/socksys

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Jean-Rene Beauvais wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I installed Hylafax v4.0 on sco unix ver4.2 and i have the following
> problem when running the daemons (using faxsetup) or use faxstat:
>
> libsocket: open(/dev/socksys) failure:
> No such file or directory

For some reason your installation hasn't created a required device
file /var/spool/fax/dev/socksys. You can manually create the file
using mknod(S). Check out the device's type, major/minor numbers from
/dev/socksys and create one within /var/spool/fax/dev.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460