Re: Re: egetty and vgetty

Prof. Julio C. Spinelli wrote:

    Thanks very much for the example, the only difference between what you are
    doing and what I was doing is that you are issuing ATA before exiting
    egetty. 100 to 1 that was my mistake, now I realize that of course hylafax
    should expect that start the fax call handling is the responsibility of
    the egetty program. And of course egetty should also reinitialize the
    modem before issuing the ATA command.

I don't think that the called egetty has to reinitialize
the modem. The logic goes IMHO that way:

- faxgetty(1M) sees the modem ringing (RING) and is configured
  to use egetty to let egetty deduce what's to do with this call
- faxgetty(1M) handover the call (keep in mind the call and the
  caller is waiting)
- the first think that egetty hast to do: investigate the RING
  message from the modem (there are modems showing the call-type
  in the RING message) or pick-up this call with ATA (or something
  like that) ond decide what's to do with this answered call,
  e.g. look for PPP packets after the two modem are CONNECT'ed
- ...
- tell later faxgetty(1M) with the exit-state what's to do now
  with this (maybe done) call

reinitializing the modem will perhaps drop that call;

	matthias

    If this works I will still read the changes sent to me and try to see what
    he did. I'll also send you a few lines with the changes that I recommend,

    Thanks very much!

    Julio