egetty and vgetty

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Julio C Spinelli wrote :
>It would be great if you could add how to use egetty and give a very
>simple example that does nothing but recognized the call as a fax
>call. This will help a lot of people (including me). Same would be
>great for vgetty.

You have the advantage over me here, since I know nothing about egetty
( I'm only the piano player..). Like what does the 'e' suppose to stand
for?  Q123 of the FAQ doesn't give much detail; Nico Garcia asked a
couple of weeks ago for the location of the egetty program, with no
reply; so I guess hard information about it maybe difficult to come by.

A description of Vgetty and its homepage is mentioned on the contrib.html
page, as part of the section on associated programs to HylaFAX. The
TODO List (todo.html) also acknowledges that integration issues with
vgetty are a high priority - it is required to implement a 'faxback'
facility.

[ A faxback system is where a person calls in, hears a string of menus
  which they navigate with the keypad of their phone. When they decide
  on a document they want, the system faxes it back to the fax number
  of their choice ].

If you are interested in doing some work in this area, you will find
more information by searching the mailing list archives for emails from
'Ivan Kohler' and 'Bret A. Schuhmacher'.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.