Re: Begging suggestions on "document page width" errors

Alan Sparks wrote:

     Think I'm losing my mind here, with these "Client does not support document
    page width, max remote page width 1728 pixels, image width 1734 pixels"
    messages!

    I'm trying to send docs out of MS Word, trying a variety of PostScript
    drivers.
    I've tried at least the following:
    * HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
    * AST TurboLazer PS
    * Apple Laserwriter

    Checking what's running inside of ps2fax, I am running the command (after
    variable substitution):

    cat docq/doc71.ps.63  |  gs -q -sDEVICE=tiffg3 -dNOPAUSE \
        -dSAFER=true -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -r204x98  \
        "-sOutputFile=docq/doc71.ps;00" -

    I've checked script options, which seem to show that the expected dimensions
    are indeed 1728x297.

    All of which leaves me with a TIFF file, about which tiffinfo says:
        Image Width: 1734 Image Length 1078
        Resolution: 204, 98 pixels/inch
        Bits/Sample: 1
        Software: "Alladin Ghostscript 5.03"
        Group 3 Options: EOL padding (4 = 0x4)

    How the devil do you get 1728 pixels wide out of this stupid thing?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Looks for me like landscape mode in the PostScript file?

	matthias