Re: Hylafax rpm issues

Nico Garcia writes:

 > Bad ferret! No biscuit! The HylaFAX distribution should use the
 > "hylafax" script in the SysV init scripts to initiate the server, by
 > putting it into (as I remember) /etc/rc.2d and symbolic links to the
 > appropriate subdirectories there as Shylafax and Khylafax.

The rpm already does this. However, the script starts only faxq
process. I put the hfaxd in the inetd.conf. I can easily start both
the the daemons from the same file. As I see inetd.conf soln
is for lowq volume fax servers. Whereas a standalone daemon is
for high volume fax servers.

 > Again: /dev/cua* is not correct. You should use /dev/ttyS*, since the
 > main Linux developers (such as Ted T'so at MIT) believe that the
 > split-device trick used on /dev/ttyS* and /dev/cua* is a piece of
 > unspeakable mucous secretion and planned (at last question) to
 > discontinue its inclusion.

I will take your word for it. However, I am not deciding one way or
other in the rpm script. I just check if /dev/modem exists and
and advise the user to have /dev/modem.

 > The effort is cool. Do you think you could accomodate my suggestions?

Sure. That is easy.

Ramana